Friday, May 23, 2008

Back Home and Ready for All of You

It's been six weeks, an incredible trip that proved an eye opener in many ways.
There have been miracles and there have been things that have brought me to a point of utter desperation...and then there are my students and my friends who continue to be my strength and support and who really have given me courage in this very difficult period in my life.

You know teaching is not a "job" you do, it's not something you just pick up, teaching is a life thing...you either are born to it or not...
Its a lot like singing....singers are born, they are not made and the voice is demanding and needs to be heard and so is teaching.

It is at times like this that you know who is WHO...who stays in touch, who sends messages, who cares and is not just only on the receiving end, but on the giving end as well.
I have learned not to expect anything from anyone anymore, but it's such a wonderful feeling when those you care about, also care about you and let you know that you mean something in their lives. I am always grateful and appreciative of that special show of feelings.
Those who care are the real people, the real singers and the ones who make careers. They are the same ones that give to the audience and the viewer responds...

Thank you to all who care ...onward and upward...we are on the road again!!!

much love

1 comment:

chuna said...

Miriam, I am so happy you are well enough to teach again. I know that gives you fulfillment, me too.
I still haven't gotten the upward and backward yet.
After reading another blog I realized I am just not there.
I think it was Elin's post. How long have I been with you?
How do I make a big post, you know a header, instead of just leaving a comment?
I love your teachings and I can't wait to see you again this week.
Next time though, don't get so excited when I hit a new spot. I just start laughing and then can't sing anymore. Hold it in until I have it atleast two or three times. HA!
I sang at the kiddush. After I led for shacharis and musaF!! Were you there? I wanted to check in and look in your eyes before I sang but I forgot!
I just don't know if I'm in the right spot. It's like I told you, when I connect with thought in the back of my head the first time, I feel a difference. I can recognize I am there because of the contrast, but when I am living there all the time, I can't tell if I'm there. What's my reference point????
So I sang the song and I messed up on the lyrics and I wasn't sure if I was in the right spot the entire time, but I still sang so well from your lessons that everyone was quiet and enjoyed the song, unbelievable! Mediocrity, if I am there yet, is already impressive. Can we imagine what I am going to sing like in a year, in 5, in 10! I guess you know, huh? Just keep pluggin away.
I saw some of the master lessons, I have such a desire to take a whole day and just watch it in one sitting, twice...But you know I have to take care of the little ones, and work, and study, and practice.