Saturday, March 1, 2008

What is great about my students

First of all, I invite all who view this blog to read all the comments and express yourselves anywhere and everywhere.
The reason for this blog is to get to know each other and to share experiences.

I am very fortunate, as I think I mentioned before, that I have students from all over the globe and in all walks of careers...it is so great to hear from them...even if they are not around the corner, we are always in touch and are able to continue working. I teach on Skype and we progress incredibly well together.
Since I do not "sing" during lessons and my hearing guides me, seeing the person in front of me is not necessary. I hear the slightest sound change, a mouth that is too open, a push forward, everything ...thank G-d I know exactly how the system is working without having to "see" physically . My seeing is enirely iternal. It's great to get to know each other eyeball to eyeball in the beginning, but after about three hours of personal interaction, we have learned the new language which constitues the pre-reauisite of our learning and we can go from there. It is always good after a time of working log distance to return for a few lessons in person, but for the most part we can be apart for a year or more without seeing each other.

While working on the new book, I came across so many letters from people form so many different parts of the world and am now asking for permission to publish their notes to me.
The time we live in is amazing...the world is free and open and what was impossible a few years ago is well within the realm of possibility now.
Please feel free to contact me and interact...I so appreciate your comments.

Be well

MJA

1 comment:

riccardoforesi said...

You are the best thing that could happen to our lives.
Thank you so much much for giving us the gift of singing.

Riccardo and Benedetta