Friday, March 28, 2008

Chuna ( Aaron) - an ongoing dialogue

As you must have gathered by now, I have some very special and extraordinary students... and not just from a singing point of view.
It stands to reason, at least in my mind, that if a person has the great desire to sing, which is the purest and highest form of G-dly expression- that this desire so strong, which literally moves his soul, comes directly from the 'source" and spurs him on to fulfill it from a 'soul level".

I have never met a student of mine who was not "different from the crowd"...it comes with my territory. No one "arrives" to study with me unless they are SENT!!!..and that, in more ways than one. I am difficult, demanding, a perfectionist, I go for the gusto and only desire the greatest output of potential. I cut no slack to anyone - my mission is to give and achieve 100% - all the time. That applies to every student and in that relationship (not to be confused with life that happens) I expect 100% in return. I expect the same dedication, demand for 'perfection', work ethic, integrity, loyalty and devotion from my students that I give to them. I am out for YOUR good and I am going to get it....and as long as you are my student, you are deserving of my personal and professional best.
The reward in it for me therefor is incredible - so ultimately I am selfish.

Chuna is a skeptic, difficult, incredibly talented, highly volatile, - but a real seeker and a great challenge, highly spiritually advanced, has a gorgeous voice. Hi is a sweet, giving and caring human - father of two beautiful children. Working with him, I feel appreciated. I can say that for most of my students, but he demonstrates his feelings for our work in some extraordinarily creative ways, which of course appeal to my sensibilities.

He always thought of using the voice for one thing (Rap etc.), but is more and more becoming aware, that there is much more there than he actually thought. Perhaps he will find his way into another form of expression. Whatever he chooses will be right!!

We are going to blog while I am in Argentina and I think that his comments and awareness's, his insights and communications will result in interesting pieces of development in what will, no doubt, become a stupendous instrument and career

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The lesson, once again, has changed my life. In one hour, and in 2 minutes, you have been the voice of the Rebbe putting together pieces of the jigsaw puzzle that I have been walking around with unattached and disordered for 7 years.
Let's suffice it to say, you suggested having the courage to keep courage within, for that, I am a more peaceful person.

Miriam, your depiction of me in my opinion is fair. I was a skeptic, not anymore. I lacked the trust to live life to the fullest and through many many events, I am gaining that trust, in major part thanks to you. You don't just teach the voice, but then again, the voice is affected and effects everything, so maybe you do.

My family enjoys the relationship we have with you and I thank G-d that you are out there teaching. I did not realize how happy and how much confidence it would give me for YOU to challenge the world. Very soon, I will be there as a living example to your talents.

Chuna

Miriam Jaskierowicz Arman said...

A lesson must be life changing...not every lesson is so dramatic, but every lesson should add a new dimension to the voice and certainly make a difference.

Sometimes, while working, it does not seem so and sometimes it even seems that we are just going over and over the same thing and are really not accomplishing much of anything...but that is never so.
Sometimes the total effects of our work are not readily seen until three or four lessons later...but when the light bulb goes off - it's worth the wait.

Transformational lessons depend on how open the student is to receiving and of course how giving the teacher is. In this particular case, the student is self- motivated and ready to accept all that the voice has to offer.
As a teacher it is hardly possible to ask for more, knowing that every ounce you pour in reaches it's mark. Wish all my students were as open and willing as you are "now"....it could change the world of singing.