Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Verena's Story

OK are you ready for this: I went to do a show and was supposed to go on at 10 pm sharp.
I get there and not a soul at the place..(only a grumpy bartender unwilling to open the bar to the arriving guest)
About 25 friends of mine show up (ON TIME) and nobody else in the club and NO SOUND GUY!!!
So then, AT MIDNIGHT, the sound guy shows up but can't make the PA system work....so now we have a sound guy and no sound!!!!
But I had 20 people there waiting since 10 pm to see me play and I was determined to give them a show!!!
My guitar player happens to have a little amp in his car and gorilla style we plug in cello, guitar and my mic and play with the tiny amp and no sound mixing and the people LOVED IT!!!! They say I sounded AMAZING (thanks to YOU my loving friend and teacher) under the WORST of circumstances and conditions....I basically had a karaoke sound and made it work. People were going WILD!!!! Clapping like nuts and I felt just great!! I did a lot of talking and thanking and I think the fact that this was so unplugged and rough really helped me to come out of my shell. I felt so grateful that these people were willing to sit in an EMPTY club for 2 HOURS that I felt I just really had to give them all I got :)
So there you go!!
Oh, and did I mention I had a sore throat? I was so worried about that before but then I just thought hey, what the hell!! Let's give these people what they came for!!!!!
Hehehe!!!
I am getting raving phone calls and texts as we speak!!!
So are you proud???
Love you!!
Verena


Here is the new music video on My Space:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWbORRvUXE0

No comments: