Tuesday, April 22, 2008

From Argentina with love

Here I am...as if really could relax...I am getting emails from people who are watching the master class video on You Tube and My Space and I could not be happier with the response. Things here are very interesting and as usual I am always amazed of how life works and how you definitely always are at the right place at the right time and how G-d moves the pieces of the puzzle for all of us, whether we desire It or not. It is important to keep a good look out for the sign posts so that we are aware of what happens and how to react.

The first person that I met was a singer, who told me that she had asked to find the right person to help her find the voice and the interesting thing is, that she knew immediately that it was me. I will be giving her lessons in Mar Del Plata where I am right now and we will begin our work together. She will come to Crown Heights and will begin the work.

It miss my students, I miss teaching and I miss voices....but I also know that I have to rest and take it easy for a while in order to be able to do the work that is coming up in the future...I know that many new things are going to happen and I know that I must and will make a big difference. In the meantime I am sending everyone love and blessings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that you're resting, relaxing, and still meeting people you were sent to help! The Lord works in mysterious ways...and if you keep your eyes open, you will see those ways. Sounds like that's exactly what you're experiencing.

Again, I'm writing about working with the egg... I've been working through my panic for a few days now, and am pretty convinced I'm back to "knowing what I'm doing" and getting in the right place, floating the vowels on top in the back, and knowing when I'm not coming in right or pushing forward. However, there still seems to be this bizarre issue of "hugging the egg with my lips" (for lack of a better way of putting it). I seem to be up on top, resonating in the space, and not behind the egg, and not in the nose (since I trade off with the nose clip to test it) but nevertheless, I still find my lips tensing around the sides of the egg, almost as if to hold it in place. As if to keep it from falling out of my mouth. I don't know what's going on. I don't know if that's it or not. It's the weirdest thing.

Maybe I'm not closing my lips around the egg enough? Maybe I keep my mouth too open and then the tendency is to "hold" the egg with my lips because I find that they keep tensing, as if my cheeks are getting involved...and if it kept going I'd put dimples in my cheeks! I don't know...

I suppose that the more I close my lips around the egg, the less I tend to find this movement of my lips. But the more open (and relaxed) I keep my lips at the start, the more they tend to tense and "grab" the egg.

Well, I guess that's my question for now...or "food for thought". I look forward to your comment.

Thank you!

Elin

Andie said...

Hello There Dr. Miriam,

I hope all is going well with you in Argentina. Do get well! I have listening to the Master Classes and it is like going back in time. It is a good idea for your students to go back in time. They might pick up some pointers that were missed early on. Get well, and i will continue blogging.

Anonymous said...

Dear Miriam,

I was heading out the door from work when, for some reason, I decided to look up old acquaintances. Don’t ask me why, I have no clue. I was surprised to hear that you were down in Argentina. Remarkable, my wife and I have visited BA a couple of years ago and found it to be great fun; I hope you are enjoying yourself. I also noticed that you have posted some classes on the tube, which I have great interest in reviewing. You have always been innovative in all that you do so it seems that this has not changed. Also, it sounds like you are in BA to rest? I hope you are well.

I have not identified myself but I am an old, and getting older, friend from your days at the Ansonia. Just saying hello…and taking a little walk down memory lane. BTW...If you get a chance down there....see if you can go to a place called "the Avila bar"..very fun...authentic flaminco run by two brothers who are from Napoli! Has a little bit of that Il Cantone feel...but flaminco. :)