Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Answers for Stephen- and more

Hello Stephen, and thank you so much for your letter.
I am placing it on my blog, which for week I have neglected due to a very long European and South American trip, but this is certainly a letter which should be placed on the blog and perhaps into my new book " Whatever Happened to great Singng" which is in its last edit. I will be moving to South America shortly and am wondering if we cannot arrange a vocal workshop in El Paso in your Academy before I go...an idea...

What you experience I have of course heard endless times and the results of the work, when it is done right and applied correctly are fantastic. Your soprano: be careful, very careful ...she is very young to move into the dramatic repertoire vocally...the voice will increase and grow, that is to be expected, the muscles behind the eyeballs and the space will grow, that too is to be expected, vibrations and overtones, harmonics increase dramatically , all correct...the dizziness should be just a few days if you keep the position...but if you constantly are pulling on those muscles then that feeling of faintness will last quite a time simply because the brain is being oxygenated to the max and there is constant movement.
The feeling is natural...but you should absolutely move with great caution...the muscles behind the eyeballs and the joints expand at incredible rate when worked this way, but in order for the vocal cords to adjust to the power you must go slow, very slow...or you will have a wobble in no time.

The physical adjustment of the instrument to the power of the space and the air is major..everything has to move slowly in order to make the necessary mental, physical and emotional adjustments - please!!!...keep her very very light and lyric..do not overpower...keep repertoire away from the dramatic, even though for the singer it seems more exciting at the moment..caution is the absolute responsibility of the teacher and guiding your student into a healthy instrument that lasts a lifetime is an awesome responsibility...

This my NCR Doctor...the site works, go into Neuro Cranial Reconstruction. No one except Dr. Arrandt knows about the work that I do with the voice and the NCR connection. I have worked with him exclusively and he has done the work with many many of my students. He is extraordinary and it is he who came to me to recognize the connection ..that began 1999 when the first book came out and we have been working even since. I go to him every eight weeks or so, for myself. He is grea t. In my new book I will publish his correspondence with the International Voice Foundation . He tried for them to let me speak at their forum, but they will not...so that's that...

Hope this serves you. I am here when you need me. Be well and take good care of yourself. By the way, I teach no matter where I am in the world over skype. A student has to have three physical hours with me so we establish our language and then we continue over skype with the most extraordinary results. Just for your information.
Be well.. and all the best

Miriam

Dr. Lewis J. Arrandt, DC
Dr. Arrandt's Website
10651 N. Kendall Dr. Suite 222Miami, FL 33176
Phone: (305) 279-0850

No comments: